USANA has received a seal of approval for its omega-3 supplement, BiOmega, from ConsumerLab.com, a third-party independent assessment firm.
Company officials hailed the news about BiOmega, an ultra-pure fish-oil supplement that supports cardiovascular, immune and joint health.
“BiOmega is made with a concentrated dose of premium quality, purified fish oil to deliver a multitude of benefits for your daily wellness,” says Rob Sinnott, USANA’s chief scientific officer. “But that’s not all, it’s a multitasking supplement that’s fortified with vitamin D for even more support for your cells. And to make things even better, we have added a hint of lemon to the supplement to make it the best tasting fish oil on the market.”
ConsumerLab.com is an independent tester of health and wellness products. Its strict testing protocols assess the quality, purity, and label accuracy of products using rigorous testing methods.
For USANA BiOmega to obtain the seal of approval, the company had to demonstrate that its product contained 100 percent of the claimed amounts of various components, including eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), total omega 3 fatty acids, total fatty acids or other fatty acids. The product could not exceed the greater of 150 percent of any of these amounts or 75 mg per serving above any of these amounts.
“USANA’s BiOmega supplement is an incredible product that is made to the highest of standards, and we are so pleased to have our hard work validated by ConsumerLab.com,” says Dan Macuga, chief communications and marketing officer. “It is amazing to see our products continually receive seals of approval from ConsumerLab, and I know it is a point of pride for our customers to know they are taking the safest and best supplements available.
BiOmega is just the latest USANA news related to products that have been certified by ConsumerLab.com. Other products certified include:
- CellSentials, a cellular nutrition system that includes two nutritional supplements, Core Minerals and Vita Antioxidant
- CoQuinone 30, a well-absorbed form of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) with alpha-lipoic acid to support cellular health and function, tissue health of the heart and other organs, and muscle function
- USANA Probiotic, which supports healthy digestion with 12 billion colony-forming bacteria per serving
- Procosa, featuring a blend of vegetarian glucosamine and Meriva bioavailable curcumin for broad support of joint health, function and comfort, and skin health, firmness and hydration
- USANA Vitamin D, with high-potency vitamin D3 that is high in vitamin K2
- USANA Digestive Enzyme, which contains a broad range of plant-based enzymes and artichoke extract, which helps digest meals more efficiently to support absorption of macronutrients and relieves occasional fullness and bloating
- Visionex, a blend of nutrients to support eye health, including vitamin C, zinc, lutein and zeaxanthin
A Company Commitment to Support Health
From its start, USANA has focused on providing products that support the healthy function of organ systems. BY offering varied line of health supplements, USANA helps people maintain a healthy lifestyle and can be combined with a healthy diet or to fill in dietary gaps.
USANA is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. Its origins can be traced to 1973, when microbiologist Dr. Myron Wentz founded Gull Laboratories, focusing on using advanced cell culture techniques to create diagnostic tests for viral diseases.
In1990, USANA was born out of the Gull Health Products Division, with a focus on making and testing herbal and other natural products. In 1992, the company was incorporated as a wholly owned subsidiary of Gull Laboratories and a year later was spun out as an independent company.
In 1994, Wentz sold his controlling interest in USANA to Fresenius, a German health care company. That same year, it announced a contractual agreement with the Linus Pauling Institute to independently test USANA products. Over the next few years, it launched subsidiaries in Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Today, its products are distributed in 24 markets across the Americas, Europe and Asia. In addition to dietary supplements, the company also sells meal replacement shakes, snack bars and other food products; personal care; and skincare products.