Video streaming services have become quite the rage these days, but surely many of you still have a great DVD collection that you are not planning to give up on anytime soon. Now, the problem is, you cannot just pop in a DVD if you have Windows 10 because the Windows 10 Media Player just does not support the regular DVD. So, what other options do you have?
You can download the Windows DVD player from the Microsoft stores, but even that is not a great option. First off, you will have to pay $15 for an app that should come for free. Secondly, it is not even that great an app! It is unable to decode DVDs or play DVDs from the other regions. Users also complain about Windows 10 update problems that the DVD playback freezes frequently and the DVD drive fails to read the discs. So, going for Windows DVD player is pretty much out of the window! Now, there are two other viable options that you can go for, which have been enumerated below.
Watch DVDs with 5KPlayer
The 5KPlayer is brought to you by DearMob. You will have to download and install it from its website. Launch it from the Start menu, register with your name and email ID, enter the registration code that you receive in the email, and you are good to go. Here are some of the top features that you get when you Play DVD with 5KPlayer:
- It is free software that lets you play DVDs from all regions, including snagging videos from streaming services and YouTube.
- There is an in-built Apple AirPlay feature that allows you to stream videos from an iPhone.
- You can select chapters for playback and rotate the playback screen, as per your convenience.
- You can take screenshots from the movie and add subtitles, as you need
- Easy onscreen controls to let you skip or forward the movie change the volumes, and so on.
This is a resourceful and robust DVD player for Windows 10 that you will definitely like.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
This one is actually the best option for playing DVDs on Windows 10 because of the multiple features that it comes loaded with. All you need to do is digitize the DVD to MP4 video using this Windows DVD ripper (which takes not more than five minutes!), and you are good to go.
Here are some of the coolest features of this software:
- It is capable of ripping new and old formats, including your homemade DVDs, kids DVDs, movies, and so on
- You can save your digital DVDs on the computer, USB, or the hard drive. The fact that you can watch DVD directly on Windows without the need for a DVD drive is what makes it one of the Top DVD players for Windows 10
- The ability to remove DVDs with encryptions like the 99 title, CSS encryption, regional code, Sony ARccOS, new UOP, and so on
- GPU acceleration rips DVD to MP4 47x faster. So, you can digitize a two hour long DVD in just five minutes
- There is a built-in video editor that lets you crop, cut, merge videos, add subtitles to them, and extract audio, as the need arises
- The DVD content can be transferred to an ISO image without any loss in quality
Even the scratched, dirty, and damaged DVDs can be ripped. So, there is a chance to salvage your old collection with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. There is surely a reason why over seventy million users swear by this software!
Steps to Rip DVD to MP4 with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for Playback on Windows 10
You can rip DVD to MP4 with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum in just three simple steps:
- Put in your DVD disc in the drive and launch WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
- Select “MP4” in the output profiles.
- Hit the “RUN” button to start the conversion.
Give it about five to seven minutes and the DVD will be converted to MP4 just as you need it to be.
And, there you have it: two simple ways to watch DVDs on Windows 10 easily. It’s time to bring out those DVDs from their boxes.