Deciding between Elden Ring on PC or PS5? This comprehensive guide will help you make the right choice and ensure a smooth gaming experience.
Elden Ring, the highly anticipated action role-playing game, has taken the gaming world by storm. With its engaging gameplay, stunning graphics, and intricate world-building, gamers everywhere are eager to dive into this exciting adventure. But the big question remains: should you play Elden Ring on PC or PS5? In this comprehensive guide, we’ll compare the performance, graphics, controller support, online gameplay, mods, and pricing to help you make an informed decision.
Performance is a critical factor for any gamer, and both the PC and PS5 versions of Elden Ring offer impressive performance levels. However, there are some differences to consider.
- PC: If you have a powerful gaming PC, you’ll likely experience a smoother performance on Elden Ring, with faster loading times and higher frame rates. Keep in mind that your experience will depend on your PC’s hardware and settings.
- PS5: The PlayStation 5 is known for its impressive performance capabilities, with fast loading times and a locked 60 frames per second (fps). While this may not be as customizable as a PC, it guarantees a consistently smooth gaming experience.
Elden Ring’s graphics quality is a significant consideration for many gamers, and both the PC and PS5 versions deliver stunning visuals. However, there are some differences in terms of ray tracing and overall graphics quality.
- PC: With a powerful graphics card, the PC version of Elden Ring can offer superior graphics quality, including ray tracing support for more realistic lighting and reflections. However, achieving the highest graphics settings will depend on your PC’s capabilities.
- PS5: The PS5 version of Elden Ring also supports ray tracing, ensuring beautiful graphics and immersive gameplay. While it may not offer the same level of customization as the PC version, the overall graphics quality is consistently high.
Controller Support and Haptic Feedback
The choice between playing Elden Ring on PC or PS5 may come down to your preference for controller support and haptic feedback.
- PC: The PC version of Elden Ring offers a wide range of controller options, including support for Xbox and PlayStation controllers. However, the PC version does not support the PS5’s DualSense controller’s haptic feedback feature.
- PS5: The PS5 version of Elden Ring provides full support for the DualSense controller, including its haptic feedback feature. This adds an extra layer of immersion to the gameplay, making it a unique selling point for the PS5 version.
Online Gameplay and Crossplay
Online gameplay is a crucial aspect of Elden Ring, and both the PC and PS5 versions offer engaging multiplayer experiences. However, there are some differences in terms of crossplay and potential server exploits.
- PC: The PC version of Elden Ring allows for crossplay with other PC players. However, it does not support crossplay with console players. There is also the potential for hackers and server exploits in the PC version, although the game uses EasyAntiCheat to minimize these issues.
- PS5: The PS5 version of Elden Ring supports crossplay with PS4 players, allowing for a larger online community. While the potential for hackers and server exploits is lower on consoles, it’s still essential to be cautious in online multiplayer.
Mods and Customization
One of the significant advantages of playing Elden Ring on PC is the potential for mods and customization.
- PC: The PC version of Elden Ring offers more flexibility when it comes to mods and customization, including the use of cheat engine builds and unique mods. This allows players to tailor their gameplay experience to their preferences, although some mods may not be compatible with online play.
- PS5: The PS5 version of Elden Ring does not support mods or customization, providing a more streamlined and consistent gameplay experience.
Price and Availability
The cost of Elden Ring may be a deciding factor for some gamers, and both the PC and PS5 versions have their advantages.
- PC: The PC version of Elden Ring is typically priced similarly to the PS5 version. However, PC games tend to go on sale more frequently, providing potential savings for patient gamers.
- PS5: The PS5 version of Elden Ring may initially be more expensive than the PC version, but it offers the unique DualSense controller features and the potential for crossplay with PS4 players.
Ultimately, the choice between Elden Ring on PC and PS5 comes down to personal preference and your gaming setup. If you have a powerful gaming PC and enjoy mods and customization, the PC version may be the better choice. However, if you prefer a consistent gaming experience with the added benefits of the DualSense controller and crossplay with PS4 players, the PS5 version may be more suitable.
Is Elden Ring better on PC or PS5?
There’s no definitive answer, as it depends on your preferences and gaming setup. The PC version offers more customization and potential for mods, while the PS5 version provides consistent performance and DualSense controller support.
Does Elden Ring have crossplay between PC and PS5?
No, Elden Ring does not support crossplay between PC and PS5. PC players can play with other PC players, while PS5 players can play with PS4 players.
Can I use the PS5 DualSense controller with Elden Ring on PC?
Yes, you can use the PS5 DualSense controller with Elden Ring on PC. However, the PC version does not support the haptic feedback feature of the DualSense controller.
What are the system requirements for Elden Ring on PC?
The system requirements for Elden Ring on PC vary depending on your desired graphics settings and performance. A minimum of a 64-bit processor, 8 GB RAM, and a DirectX 12 compatible graphics card is required. For optimal performance, a more powerful processor, additional RAM, and a high-end graphics card are recommended.